I wanted an efficient way to build and deploy programs for the SC126 so I have set up a Continuous Delivery pipeline for my SC126 system. Retro-computing the modern way, I guess.
docker pull mobra66/sdcc:<version> e.g.: docker pull mobra66/sdcc:4.0.0
- Using Gitea locally, and Github for source code management
- Using Jenkins, the pipeline:
- Checks out source code from git repository
- Builds C and Assembler using the SDCC docker image
- Pushes the Intel HEX files to my Raspberry Pi frontend
- Resets SC126 into the Small Computer Monitor ROM
- Uploads the Intel HEX files to SC126
The pipeline implements fully automated build and deployment of binaries (Intel HEX) to the SC126. The pipeline runs on a very old PC with Ubuntu Server 20.04, and all tools are dockerized using docker-compose for the complete pipeline.
The time from commit/push in the source code editor until the program is running in the SC126 is less than one minute!